Sunday, July 14, 2013

10 things you might not know about me



Mandy from Miss Indie started a '10 things you don't know about me' tag and tagged yours truly! After 3+ years of blogging I honestly don't really remember what I've shared here and what I haven't but here are 10 things that I *think* you don't know about me...

1. I've never had alcohol or coffee. Not for any religious reasons, I just don't care to try it. I'm perfectly happy with grapefruit juice, fruit smoothies, and iced tea, thank you ;)

2. My natural hair color is dark brown. This September will be 10 years since the first time I dyed it and I haven't stopped since. Even the few times I've gone back to dark hair I've still dyed it some other shade than the one I was born with.

3. The first time I dyed my hair I was feeling very emotional about a boy-related-issue and asked one of my best friends to go in the drug store and buy any hair color and dye my hair. I didn't know until I got out of the shower that I was blonde. (And so begins my lifelong habit of dying my hair when I'm feeling emotional.)

4. I go through spurts where I don't draw or paint for a while, and when I get the urge to start again, I'm literally terrified that my abilities* will have completely vanished. I mean I seriously panic. I end up finding it's like riding a bicycle, it always comes back. But nevertheless, I still get petrified every single time. *There has to be a better word than abilities. That makes it sound like I'm an art superhero, which I'm definitely not.

5. I'm allergic to cats! I have a chronically stuffy nose and if I skip my allergy medication for one day I turn into an itchy disaster, but it's totally worth it. I can't even imagine a life without cats in it.

6. My biggest fear is being autopsied. Even after I'm dead and wouldn't know it was happening, the whole idea of it just freaks me out so much I can't even think about it. I've even looked into medical bracelets that say "Do not autopsy." Somehow I can sit and watch Scully cut people open on The X-Files with no problem though?

7. Speaking of The X-Files, I was such a big fan in middle school that I regularly published my own alien newsletter. I think I had three subscribers and two of them were my parents.

8. I get ridiculously excited about mail. I basically spend 11am-3pm every weekday anxiously looking out my front window to see if the mail truck came yet.

9. My three biggest pet peeves are: impatience, women wearing their coats over their shoulders (coats have sleeves for a reason!) and when your nailpolish has chipped off a bit and you run your hand through your hair and it gets caught on your nail. ugh!!

10. I just discovered that I like ice cream! My whole life I thought I hated it because I had only tried chocolate and vanilla (which I didn't like) but last year I tried coconut and that changed everything. So far some of my favorites I've tried have been winter squash, orange pineapple, black sesame and apple!



I'm going to tag Millie, Kailey, Jenny, Chiaki and Kati! And if you haven't been tagged formally but would like to do one of these posts, then tag, you're it! :)